Wednesday 19 September 2012

My New Favourite Reading Place..

In the very distant past i think I've posted pictures of my amazing armchair which I got for 99p from eBay and which was the inspiration for the title of my blog. I don't want to be 'a massive betrayer', but despite its' awesome comfyness, I am currently unable to sit in it without seriously getting stuck, so we had to get another one. 


This is my new favourite place for sitting, and my new chair (it rocks and comes complete with rocking footstool which you can just about see!), bought for the purpose of feeding the baby but already in use for general sitting as it's the only place in our house I can sit without getting backache at the moment! It's ridiculously comfy and has pockets in the side for keeping baby feeding essentials (or books...), and Rhys keeps trying to sneak it while I'm not looking. The room it's in is a little bit of a mess at the moment as it used to be our bedroom and is currently in the process of being turned into a nursery which means that it kind of has the debris of two rooms. It is brilliant though - as well as the comfy chair, the light is better in here than in any other room in the house, it's just been thoroughly cleaned so I don't get any allergic reactions to dust or anything, it has three bookcases in it, and also has awesome pictures on the wall (the one you can see above the chair is the alphabet mural we made for the baby the other day. I'm compiling a really boring baby crafts post with pictures of it and other stuff. Watch this space..). The aim was to make it a relaxing place to feed the baby during the night especially, and a place where he can play during the day as he will be sleeping in our room for the first few months, and I think we've almost achieved that. The play gym and bouncy chair are stashed in the cupboard at the moment but I'm pretty proud of both of them, as they are both second hand but beautiful :-). 

I think I'm going to need to be careful to remember that it's actually his room, not my reading room. It kind of feels like my personal library/craft room at the moment....

4 comments:

  1. I love it! We put my favorite chair in the baby's room to be the rocking chair because we moved to a new place and no longer have room for it in our front rom, and I frequently find myself sneaking off to the nursery to read even though it doesn't have an inhabitant yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby's room can be your rocking/reading room too, I reckon! At least while he's asleep :)

    That chair is awesome, and OMG you got a chair for 99p from ebay? AMAZING! *scours old posts to try and find it*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chair! My sister is due in November & my husband and I have bought her a rocking chair :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I love the rocking chairs and ottomans! They're soooo comfy, and I can totally picture pockets on the side being the perfect place for books. I wish I had a house, I would buy one :)

    ReplyDelete