Wednesday 27 February 2013

February Goals & Challenge Update!

I really liked writing this in January and I find it really helpful to keep up with myself and where I'm going with everything, so here it is again. It will be long, it will be full of boring stats. You have been warned. :-D

So first up, goals:

  1. I'm still going strong with not buying myself any books. It's not been particularly difficult so far (although I have had a few wobbly moments), and I think a huge amount of that is down to my awesome library. Well done, library!
  2. In February I read none of the challenge books I already own. I have two lined up for March, though, so that should be good.
  3. Still haven't bought anything from Amazon. Still not tempted to.
  4. I signed up for RAK this month and (eventually, after much faffing around) sent a copy of The Help by Kathryn Stockett to Maria. Nobody sent me anything this month but it was still great to send somebody else a book, as always :-) 
  5. I read no non-fiction this month, but in my defense I only finished two books which was totally crap anyway, so. 
  6. I haven't done the Classics Club meme this month, because... I don't know why. I just haven't. But I will in March, I promise!
  7. I have yet to go to a literary event, but I have my 10k run (well, walk really) for The National LIteracy Trust on March 24th which I'm both really excited and ridiculously nervous about, and I know it's not technically a literary event, but we're dressing up as Wally from Where's Wally and it's in aid of literacy, so I'm counting it! (p.s if you want to sponsor me you totally can, here, and I'm still selling books in aid of them, here)
  8. I didn't read the Mumsnet Book Club book this month as it was Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and the wait for it at the library was ridiculous. I will however be reading the March book as it's Jon McGregor's latest. So yay for that!
  9. I have massively failed at commenting on blogs and stuff this month. I've been reading, but I can never bring myself to try to comment when I'm reading on my phone as it has this stupid touch screen keypad and it take forever to write a sentence! So there's my excuse as to why I've not been around so much. I will try to do better in March!
Challenge Updates

I won't go through all of them as I've not read much this month, but I'm currently keeping up with the Graphic Novel Challenge and I've read my first book for the Wishlist Challenge (The Uncoupling by Meg Wolitzer). I also wrote my first review for the Telling Tales Challenge, so it wasn't a dead loss of a month! 

Hopefully by the end of March I'll be in a better place with my challenges!

4 comments:

  1. *applauds your not buying any books* ME TOO! Well, except for this recipe book, but I don't think that counts. :s

    I feel like I've been a bit failish at commenting on blogs lately too! But, y'know, I do read them! So I figure that it's the thought that counts ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh maaaan have I fallen off that wagon over the last couple of weeks! But I heartily applaud you two for sticking with it, you're an inspiration to any of us who really should be reining it in a bit at the moment because of, like, moving house or something. *Idly wonders if she should just be chained to a chair for a few weeks to avoid all temptation*

      Delete
  2. You should check out Readability (I just discovered it yesterday). I use it to flag blogs I want to comment on later so when I get home I just click on it open the blogs and comment! It's great and depending on the phone you have there's probably an App!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on no buying any books. I think banning yourself from doing something is like going on a diet: anxiety levels just go through the roof at the thought of knowing you cannot do a thing. For me, sadly, that doesn't work so I tend to leave myself some liberty to do something in order to prevent it.

    ReplyDelete