Saturday 23 April 2016

24 Hour Readathon

The 24 Hour Readathon is upon us! If you don't know what it is check out the website or #readathon on twitter and join in the fun!

As usual of late I'm not going to be able to participate fully in this readathon due to taking care of small children and also spending time with a certain Laura but I'm going to do my best! I'll read lots to the kids during the day (kick off time for me is 1pm) - last readathon we just made a massive pile of picture books in the living room and went through it over the course of the afternoon and the boys loved it so I'm thinking something similar this time, and I have lots of graphic novels and short stories on my pile so that I can easily dip in and out and then all being well I'll start in on the reading for real once the boys are in bed.

Of course I've made a completely unrealistic TBR pile for the event, and plan to update sporadically throughout, but I'll probably be more on twitter (@NinjaBookSwap) and Instagram (@armchairbythesea) than I will here so find me there! I do plan to do lots of chatting and blog hopping - probably more than actual reading, and hopefully will get to take part in a few mini challenges as well, we'll see!


Because this is a terrible picture, here's what I've got: Moomin: the Complete Tove Janson Comic Strip Volume 2 and The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains by Neil Gaiman for when I need graphic interludes (or when my brain needs a rest), Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling, because funny nonfiction might be a good thing for the early hours of the morning, The Rental Heart and Other Fairytales by Kirsty Logan because I just got it and it's short stories so I can read one or some or all, and Size 14 is not Fat Either by Meg Cabot, Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon and Marly's Ghost by David Levithan because I find the inclusion of YA helpful in a readathon TBR. Then I added to it and pulled out A Slip of the Keyboard because it's Pratchett and so will of course be awesome. I also borrowed A Little Prince and Vain Shadow from my sister and one is small and the other Persephone so both are pretty safe bets. Also I'm already reading On the Banks of Plum Creek for the Little House Read-Along this month, and Boy Snow Bird just for fun. I'll probably start with Kirsty Logan because I've wanted to read it ever since I read The Gracekeepers. 

Happy Readathon everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure Mindy Kaling's book will be perfect for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, however much you get read! And say hi to Laura. :P

    ReplyDelete